-->

Monday, August 5, 2013

Summer Time

Summer time in Alaska is just crazy!  The salmon are running, the berries need picking and of course the quilts need quilted!  Spent 2 months solid working on my Deltana fair entry. 


It looks a little weird in this photo since it was hung across a corner.  It took a first place for its group and second place for "Viewers Choice", which I don't consider to be too bad since it is my very first entry ever.


You can see the details a little better in this photo taken when it was on the machine.  I am calling it "Pan's Glee".  It was quilted with a double layer of batting using Bottom Line thread top and bottom.  The embroidery is from Kenny Kreations.  I am pretty proud of this one.  My best quilt to date.


I also completed this top from the Eleanor Burns Quilt of the Month pattern called "Swirling Stars".  I completed the quilting on the "Say It Loud" quilt but apparently haven't gotten any pictures of it yet.  Am working on the Eleanor Burns pattern"Honeycomb" quilt top currently.



Then let's see, we went pink salmon fishing in Valdez, AK.  Got the fish canned up along with 12 half pint jars of Rhubarb jam and 3 pint jars of Strawberry Rhubarb sauce.  I am starting to get tuckered out and we still have lots to do before winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment